Hello there, fellow ad-VENTURA-ers!
It’s been a couple weeks, but I’m glad to be back here on the blog, with loads of thrilling news to share! We’ve been working really hard these past couple weeks interviewing and getting feedback from teachers (our clients) about the possibility of teachers’ common space, as well as sketching the beast (the Airstream, or “the whale”), creating inspiration boards, and learning about simple machines, which are used throughout the Airstream. To top it all off, we’ve been recording every second of this journey in our VENTURA notebooks, so we’ll never miss a moment of it!
Each teacher we talked to, gave us valuable feedback and presented creative ideas for the beast. We heard everything from “it must have a massage chair,” to “a printer is a must-have.” Since I’ve been absent for extracurriculars a couple times in the last month, I did have to miss a couple teacher interviews. However, I did get to read the feedback that they gave Miranda and Ally in their client surveys. Most of our clients seemed ecstatic about a space in the school, just for them, an aspect of ARS that the school is currently lacking. What I found most interesting was the broad range of our clients’ experiences with trailers. Some of our clients, like S. Lakshamanan, raved about past experiences with travel trailers as a child. Other teachers, like A. Ewald, had little experience with travel trailers. Before the Airstream is completed, I think it’s definitely important that we educate the clients a bit more about Airstreams, specifically our Airstream, to educate clients like Ewald.
Recently, I’ve also been researching some possible design ideas for the interior of our trailer. I’ve found Pinterest to be very helpful and inspiring when it comes to Airstream design. It’s interesting to see so many creative Airstream interior designs all in one place. Pinterest makes it easy to compare what I like and also see what I don’t like.
Sketching the beast has proved to be quite a process as well. We used the pencil method to help us with scaling the sketches, which I can say definitely helped the quality of my sketches. I found the exterior sketches to be fairly simple, however, the interior sketches were a different story. The angle at which the interior sketches had to be completed in order to see everything, as well as the Airstream ceiling and the unique Airstream shape, made the interior sketches very difficult to execute well. However, I tried my best, and hopefully the interior sketch lives up to the quality of the exterior sketch.
I’m excited to learn more about simple machines (right now we’re learning about levers) and then apply what we’re learning to the beast! We also need to complete our Inspiration Boards and print out our Bel Floratine Custom Design “thank you notes” for the clients we interviewed.
I’ll be back with updates in a couple weeks! Toodloo!